Posts Tagged ‘introduction’

CliffNotes of a new contributor

Thursday, September 8th, 2011

CliffNotes on a new Blog Contributor

I am super excited to be a new Blog Contributor to the BreastfeedBabywearClothDiaper blog! I thought it would be nice to start with an introduction of sorts and share a little about myself. Here’s the CliffNote version of who I am:

  1. I have been married for 11 years to my high school sweetheart. We have three active, adventurous, and energetic children with hopes for one more (okay maybe two more…but shhh, don’t tell hubby). You’ll probably meet my family along the way as they are likely to pop up in a blog post here and there.
  2. I have been a vegetarian for 15 years and have slowly been working towards a vegan diet for the last two years. What in the world do vegans even eat you wonder? Lots of quinoa and chia seeds! I will be sure to share some yummy recipes from time to time.
  3. I have dreadlocks which I sometimes love and sometimes feel self-conscious about, but they are definitely an important part of who I am. Perhaps I will do a blog post about them in the near future?
  4. I still have two baby teeth in my mouth. For some reason adult teeth never grew in? The dentist crowned them a long time ago to protect them against decay but on an x-ray you can clearly see they are baby teeth.  Kind of random, huh?
  5. Despite having absolutely no previous construction experience, my husband and I built a house together from the ground up at the age of 24.
  6. I confess I am a bit of a thrift store junkie. About 95% of my wardrobe is from Savers. The remaining 5% is stuff I’ve stolen, er I mean borrowed, from my little sister’s closet.
  7. I have been TV-free for 14 years now and really enjoy our TV-free lifestyle.  Although there is the occasional awkward moment when someone makes a TV, movie, or commercial reference and I have no idea what they are talking about.
  8. I am not the best of gardeners and to be honest I don’t really know what I am doing most of the time; however my garden is my most favorite place to be. It always feels beautiful and peaceful there.

I look forward to sharing, learning, and growing together! Most importantly, I want to hear from you.