Looking for a fun, fall dinner that your kids are sure to get excited about? Try this Halloween twist on a classic dish! Any stuffed peppers recipe will work, so you can use a family favorite if you have one. Or if you are looking for a new stuffed peppers recipe here’s one I made up that was super yummy! It’s very similar to the Mexican Lasagna recipe I recently shared so if you liked that one, you’ll enjoy this one too!
6 orange peppers
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups water
2 gloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoons cumin
1 16 oz can of black beans
1 16 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
Salt to taste
A jar of your favorite salsa
1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Save the tops.
2. Bring two cups of water to a boil. Add one cup of quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil
4. Add zucchini and sauté until tender
5. Add chili powder, coriander, and cumin. Saute for a minute.
6. Add black beans, tomatoes, and corn. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add salt to taste
7. While bean mixture is simmering, you can carefully carve faces into your peppers.
8. Add cooked quinoa to bean mixture.
9. Fill peppers with bean and quinoa mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
10. Top with your favorite salsa and enjoy!
Note: Bake peppers with the tops on for decorative purposes only. You don’t actually eat the tops rather use them to create the Jack-O’Lantern look.
These Jack-O’ Lantern Peppers were a huge hit with my kids. If you try them out, let me know what your family thinks!