When you have more than one little one, sometimes you need a go-to stroller. Since having my son last summer, I have discovered that I never have enough hands free for my kids. I do prefer to baby wear, but sometimes a good stroller is necessary. When I was pregnant, I did a little research on what kind of a stroller I wanted.
Do you buy new or used? Websites likes craigslist and Facebook have many strollers for sale online. What features were necessary for my family and I? For example, I had to have a cup holder. Going on walks or runs with my kids is something I love to do and I sometimes just have to have a Starbucks iced tea along for the ride. Here are my three favorite double strollers.
This stroller is a beast. I found mine on craigslist. It was used and still cost me $200.00. It retails for $300.00. Here are some of the features I love about my Joovy:
- Giant canopy: This canopy is bigger than any I have ever seen. My kids are protected from the weather and sun. The rear canopy is also detachable.
- Real tires: This stroller doesn’t have plastic wheels. It can handle rough terrain.
- Easy seatbelt buckles. Lifesaver.
- Giant basket underneath: I always have too much stuff. I never run out of room with this stroller.
- Rear infant seat: My son Levi was always in arms reach. He could see me and that made him happy, too. It works with several infant car seats. We used a Baby Trend.
- It’s not too heavy. I do not have great upper body strength and I can easily lift this into my Jeep.
- Fun colors. This stroller comes with optional seat covers. I bought it with the green ones and got the purple ones, too!
I recently purchased this double jogger to save my sanity and get in some workouts. Here are the best features I’ve discovered so far:
- Dual cup holders for mom and dad
- Dual child trays and cup holders
- MP3 capability (It’s amazing what a little music does for a cranky baby on a run!)
- Removable fleece seat pads for colder weather
- Swivel front wheel
- Wipes clean easily
This stroller retails for $270.00. The only thing I do not like about it is the weight. It weighs 42 lbs. I have trouble lifting it, but it is great for a good workout and my kids seem to like it so far.
This stroller was recommended to me by several friends. It is a very affordable option for a double stroller. It retails for under $200.00. Here are some of its highlights:
- Many positions: This stroller’s seats can be positioned in different ways depending on your needs.
- Cup holds and trays for everyone!
- Foot activated rear brake
- Can hold two infant seats (Ideal for moms of twins)
- This stroller comes in a variety of colors, so you are sure to find one you like.
These are only 3 of the many choices out there in double strollers. I recommend thinking about what you are really looking for and going from there. Price can also eliminate some in your search.
What’s worked best for you, mom?
Karyn Meyerhoff lives, writes, strolls, and runs in Northeast Indiana with her family.